Our Presentation This Month...
Chronic Stress: An Epidemic Risk Managers Can No Longer Ignore
Our Guest Speaker...
Rehab Without Walls
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Simple, Effective Strategies to Decrease Work-Place Stress & Work-Related Injuries
Chronic stress accounts for an array of preventable workplace injuries. Burnout, workload, and feelings of being under-appreciated has not only produced work-place injuries, it has caused over $163 billion in both direct and indirect costs. Some of the main contributors are overexertion and job stress which trickle down and affect the workers' non-job-related occupations of being a family member and at times, gives rise to self-harm. This then creates further stress which in turn affects the workplace performance. This ping pong effect inevitably decreases a worker's capacity to perform complex physical tasks by impairing cognitive functioning. Their brains and bodies are not concerned with the job at hand. The chronic stress that is building creates an internal struggle on whether they should fight, flee, or freeze. This session will highlight simple strategies that can be utilized immediately to improve performance, decrease risk, and increase quality work-life.
- Participants will learn how to REDUCE work-place stress to prevent workplace exhaustion
- Participants will be able to implement REUSE techniques that will help decrease work-place injuries and work-related injury costs
- Participants will be able to implement a RECYCLE technique to change chronic stress into chronic productivity that will translate into safe job-performance
NELSON GONZALEZ, OTR/L, RFS, CHHC, CCT, CPMT, CORE, CLT
Nelson been an occupational therapy practitioner for over 18 years with an array of certifications and specialties including Rehabilitation Fitness Specialist, Certified Holistic Health Coach, Certified Cupping Therapist, Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist, Certified Oncology Rehabilitation Expert, and Certified Lymphedema Therapist. Nelson has been in upper leadership roles for over 10 years and is the Executive Director / Administrator of Rehab Without Walls® NeuroSolutions (Florida division).
Nelson is the Co-Chair of the Administration and Management Special Interest Section for the Florida Occupational Therapy Association and serves on the Sabrina Cohen Foundation Advisory Board and Campaign Leadership Team. Nelson has presented at several national and international conferences and symposiums including ACRM on topics including Chronic Stress, Intensive Therapy for the Neuro Population, Timing & Rhythm in the Brain and Body, and Autism Spectrum Disorder. As a clinician and therapy leader, he has restored function for clients and decreased disabilities following disease or profound injury including congenital dysfunctions, developmental disorders, spinal cord injuries (SCI), traumatic brain injury (TBI), acquired brain injury (ABI), cerebral palsy, paralysis, Anxiety Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Chronic Stress, etc. Nelson has written several articles for various publications and co-authored a medical book that focused on topics that highlight the importance of taking not only an holistic approach to treatment but a whole-person and environmental approach as well.
- Our deadline to place our guarantee with the facility is DATE.
- We cannot guarantee meal selections or special requests after that date.
Please advise your entree selection with your RSVP...
• Spice Crusted Cobia Filets (similar to Cod), Herb-Crusted served with Mushroom rice and Lemon dill sauce
• Mesquite Chicken, Quick-Smoked with Mesquite Wood Chips with a Garlic Citrus Glaze, served with Loaded Mashed Potatoes (bacon, scallions, shredded cheddar) Brussels Sprouts Hash
• Vegetarian alternative available
We will begin with...
Arcadian Mix Salad with Grape Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Sweet Pickled Red Onions and served with an Apricot Vinaigrette Dressing
We will conclude with...
Chef's Carrot Cake
(Include attendee name, company name, and entrée selection with RSVP)